In case of a temporary injury that requires academic accommodations from DAS, please contact us to make an appointment as soon as possible. All students with a temporary injury are required to have appropriate documentation of the injury on file in the DAS office.

If you have questions, contact DAS at 541-737-4098 or

Necessary Documentation

Documentation from a qualified medical professional is required. Documentation should contain the following information:

  • Diagnosis
  • How the condition impacts the student in an educational setting
  • Expected duration of the condition
  • Recommendations for accommodations that address any limitations caused by the condition. See a list of possible DAS academic accommodations

Areas of Assistance

Academic Accommodations

DAS encourages students experiencing a temporary injury to meet with their course instructors as soon as possible to discuss the need for academic accommodations. Although temporary conditions are rarely considered disabilities, please be aware that DAS still requires advance notice to coordinate accommodations. For information about advance notice please see our service request timeline.


Students whose injuries impact their ability to take notes should contact DAS to determine if there is a notetaking option available.

Alternative Testing

Students whose injuries impact their ability to complete exams in the designated time period can request assistance from DAS. DAS will determine if additional time, a writer, a reader, a test proctor, or adaptive technology can be provided depending on the type of injury and the amount of time between the request and the test date.

Assistive Technology

Students whose injuries impact their ability to type or complete computer assignments in a timely manner should meet with DAS staff to identify possible accommodations.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Access Services

Students whose injuries impact their ability to hear should meet with the Program Manager of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Access Services to identify possible accommodations.

Classroom Relocation

There are a few classrooms at OSU that do not have elevator access. If your injury impacts your ability to navigate stairs or access your classroom, DAS may be able to assist with relocating your class to a more accessible location. Please be aware that DAS works with the Registrar's Office to accommodate classroom relocation requests, but may not be able to accommodate requests made less than 6 weeks before the start of the term.

Adaptive Fitness and Rehabilitation

Dixon Recreation Center

Dixon Recreation and Stevens Natatorium are fully accessible to anyone with limited mobility. An upper body ergometer provides a cardio workout and the weight room has an equalizer multi-station unit that is wheelchair accessible.

Both of the pool areas and the hot tub have a lift available to provide access. The Health and Fitness Connection (inside Dixon) also provides athletic training, massage therapy and fitness services to assist with rehabilitation and individualized programs. For more information, contact Dixon Recreation Center at 541-737-2202 or email

Adapted Physical Activity

The PAC 100 class provides individualized attention to students who want to maintain or improve physical fitness. Instructors work with students to identify fitness goals and then develop fitness programs to meet student goals.


If your recent injury is impacting multiple facets of your academic and personal life, please contact Student Care. Student Care works with students who experience unexpected life events including hospitalization, loss of a loved one, illness or injury, personal crises, and mental health challenges. Student Care provides case management support to identify solutions, strategies, and resources to best navigate these unexpected circumstances. Contact Student Care utilizing this link.

Student Health Services

Students have access to care by medical providers including physicians and nurse practitioners. Services such as x-ray, physical therapy, massage therapy, orthopedic consultations and acupuncture are available, and fees for these services will be billed to the student's account. Student Health Services has accessible doors at the NW entrance.

Wheelchair and Crutches Availability

Students may check out wheelchairs from DAS for a maximum of 2 weeks. Please call the DAS office at 541-737-4098 or email for more information.

Crutches are available for rent at an affordable rate from Student Health Services. For more information, please call the Student Health Services at 541-737-9355 or email through the Student Health Services Patient Portal. If you haven’t accessed the patient portal before, instructions can be found on the Student Health Services site.

Transportation and Parking

On-Campus Transportation

OSU has a free, accessible campus shuttle system (Beaver Bus) that serves the community throughout the academic year. For more information, visit the Parking Services website.

Off-Campus Transportation

The Corvallis Transit System offers free bus service for everyone within the Corvallis area, and free service for OSU students to some outlying areas.This may be a helpful alternative for students who cannot get to campus by their usual mode of transport due to an illness or injury.

Additionally, qualified students may contact Dial-A-Bus at 541-752-2615 for transportation to and from the OSU campus.

Temporary Parking Permits

Students with medical conditions that limit mobility should contact their medical provider or Student Health Services. If you qualify for a temporary parking permit, a medical provider can sign the permit required by the State of Oregon Motor Vehicle Department (DMV). Permits are available at the DMV.

Students with a DMV permit and an OSU permit (any level) can park in designated accessible parking spaces, and in metered parking spaces designated for a minimum of one hour.

Please visit for information about finding accessible parking.

University Housing and Dining Services

Students who reside in the residence halls and have temporary illnesses or injuries may need additional assistance. You may want to talk to your Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Director (RD) about the following:

  • Accessible entrance to residence hall
  • Room reassignments (in conjunction with DAS)
  • Assistance with meals
  • Ice packs for injuries