OSU Cascades Campus Students
- Please follow DAS processes regarding documentation requirements.
- Once documentation has been received and accepted, please contact the office to schedule an orientation meeting via the telephone. You will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection during the orientation.
- Once the orientation has been completed, you will have a username and password for DAS Online Services so that you can make requests for accomodations online each term.
- Log-in to DAS Online Services to make your accommodation requests.
Please review the specific steps necessary in obtaining accommodations for Cascade Campus students as identified below:
Please contact the OSU Cascades Campus Tutoring and Testing Center by telephone at (541) 322-3106.
Notetaking Services at OSU Cascades are managed by the Human Resources. Please contact Susan Jett, the OSU Cascades Campus Human Resources Coordinator, at (541) 322-3106 (voice) or Susan.Jett@osucascades.edu (email).
For questions or concerns, please contact the DAS Alternative Formats Coordinator at (541) 737-8965 (voice) or Alt.Format@oregonstate.edu(email).
For questions or concerns, please contact the DAS Program Manager of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Access Services at (541) 737-4098 (voice) or DHOH.Services@oregonstate.edu (email).
Interpreting Services at OSU Cascades are managed by the Human Resources. Please contact Susan Jett, the OSU Cascades Campus Human Resources Coordinator, at (541) 322-3106 (voice) or Susan.Jett@osucascades.edu (email).
All forms of media used in the classroom must be accessible for students who are Deaf/hard of hearing. If uncaptioned videos/DVDs are shown in class, please contact DHOH.Services@oregonstate.edu and provide the class CRN. DAS will contact the professor and make arrangements to add open captions to the media.
Disability Access Services at OSU Corvallis Campus and OSU Cascades Campus Work in Collaboration with COCC
- The determination of eligibility for services for students with disabilities will be made by the institution offering the course, which shall have the responsibility for Section 504 and ADA compliance and any associated costs. OSU-CASCADES will incorporate comparable provisions in the OSU-CASCADES partner agreements.
- COCC will assist OSU-CASCADES and OSU-CASCADES partners to identify means for delivery of service, including but not limited to identification of local individuals to serve as readers and interpreters.
- When alternative testing is called for as an accommodation for a student enrolled in a course offered by OSU-CASCADES or an OSU-CASCADES partner, COCC shall provide proctoring and administration of the test, and OSU-CASCADES shall reimburse COCC for direct costs.
- Requests for on-campus ADA specialized transport services will be made by OSU to COCC Campus Services. OSU will require OSU—CASCADES partners to make requests for on-campus ADA specialized transport to OSU. COCC transport drivers will maintain a time sheet to log transport times for OSU—CASCADES students who require ADA specialized transport services. Specialized transport services will be billed to OSU at the rate of $35.00 per hour.
- OSU will be responsible for ADA accommodation for the public events it sponsors whether they are held on or off the COCC campus and centers. COCC will be responsible for ADA accommodation for the public events it sponsors whether they are held on or off the COCC campus and centers.