Accessible Formats are course materials including textbooks, documents, exams, handouts, etc., converted into various accessible MS Word documents, PDF’s, Braille, etc.
- Accessible Format requests must be submitted as soon as the student registers for classes.
- E-text or Braille should be checked after entering CRN numbers on “My Dashboard” in order to request these accommodations.
- Students eligible for braille or using a computer screen reader should contact Accessible Formats at 541-737-3666 (voice) or Alt.Format@oregonstate.edu (email) immediately after registering for classes.
- DAS will attempt to obtain copies of syllabi from the faculty. However, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to make sure DAS has the syllabi by the first week of the term.
- Should the student need additional course materials in accessible formats, please make this request separately to Alt.Format@oregonstate.edu (email).
- Proof of purchase or rental agreement for a textbook must be submitted in order to receive accessible formats.
- Late requests will be processed according to the timeline outlined below.
- Students must notify Accessible Formats immediately if a course is dropped.
Please note that these accessible materials are intended to be used by the eligible student only and are not to be duplicated and/or redistributed.
For the Accessible Format request timeline, please refer to the DAS service request timeline. Remember that the conversion process can only begin after DAS has obtained a copy of the text.
For questions, students should contact the Assistive Technology Manager at 541-737-3666 (voice) or at Alt.Formats@oregonstate.edu (email).
Page Updated 10/2014