Priority Registration is an accommodation which is approved for a limited set of circumstances. This may include students who require:
- Accessible rooms
- Printed materials in Braille
- Sign language interpreting, real-time captioning, real-time transcribing, or captioned media
- Specific schedule due to medical and health reasons
Priority Registration allows the student to register for classes the Friday prior to general registration.
In order to have access to priority registration, once approved by DAS, undergraduate students need to:
- Meet with their academic advisor BEFORE the Friday of priority registration to schedule classes
- PINs are distributed by academic advisors
- Register for classes on the Friday designated for priority registration
- Request your accommodations in DAS Online Services as soon as class registration is completed.
In order to have access to priority registration, once approved by DAS, all non-undergraduate students will have their PINs emailed prior to priority registration.
How to best use Priority Registration
Take into account:
- The time the class meets and how often the class meets
- The need for back to back classes or the need to schedule classes with ample breaks in-between.
- If the course load has a balance of academically challenging and less difficult classes
Page Updated 10/2014